Thursday, April 10, 2008

Week 4: Hierarchy Post

Hierarchy: 'Organisation that ranks people one above the another according to the power or authority that they hold.' (Oxford University Press, 1995)

I feel that I have covered my views on 'Hierarchy' mostly in the google docs. So I wont go too much into what the word 'Hierarchy' means to me, because I feel that I gave a very descriptive explanation of it earlier. So in this blog I am going to say how I think 'Hierarchy' will we used according to our project.
I think Hierarchy can be identified as a theme in many ways in our 'unbuilt building' as Jeff stated last night. Hierarchy could be considered as grouping parts of the modelling construction stage by prioritising what parts are important to model first. Looking at particular rooms in detail and representing those things of less prioirity by simple modelling. I was also thinking of listing other elements in the assignment that we might catergorise and group. These could also be considered as 'Hierarchy'. Things like the grouping of materials or textures we might collate or use for the model. Also the gathering of images that relate to either Hierarchy or in relation to the interior images we intend to collect to help 'visualise' or model the interior or furtniture of the building.
Hierarchy, could also be indentified in our group work as the 'leader' or someone taking the 'leadership' role. This person can group or prioritise the tasks to keep on track the aim of the project.

Figure 1: Lady Filing

References:

Book:

Oxford University Press (1995) The Australian Study Dictionary/Thesaurus. Melbourne: Oxford University Press.

Images:

Figure 1: Lady Filing Figure number: 56400759. Retrieved on 3rd April 2008 at:
URL:http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Detail.aspx?axd=DetailPaging.Search1&axs=0564007590&id=56400759

1 comment:

[a] z i z [e] said...

hello Rach.
thanks for that and thanks for the inputin Google Docs. cettina and i will begin to collate the work tonight.
see you on monday
az.