The most valuable learning outcome I would take away from the course would be planning the time needed to complete the job and prioritise the tasks in terms of importance. There have been times where I have not used my time wisely. For example, for each presentation Chivonda and I prepare the images and animations for the presentations. But one particular Saturday we spent all day putting together the images and animations and the animation we spent the most time on we did not use in the end.
I am not sure exactly what the hourly rates are for each individual task required for the fabrication project. When I looked at some hourly rates for 3d Visualiser on Career One it worked out to be between $25-40 an hour. The lowest rate was based on a 3d Visualiser with experience between 1-2 years and the higher hourly rate obviously for a more experienced person. The annual salary was therefore between $50,000-$80,000. (Career One Job Website, 2008)
I found a company called Archiform who special in everything graphic, from fly-throughs, modelling, coloured floor plans to virtual tours at the minimum. This company worked out the renderings based on the size of the home/building.
A rendered front exterior image of a home 250 square metres will cost the client $700 and for 550 square metres $1,000. For videos with special effects and live footage mixed with a 3d Virtual reality presentation it would cost the client $5000. (Archiform, date unknown ‘A’)
For a fly through animation of an apartment with up to 3 bedrooms will cost around the $7,000 mark. (Archiform, date unknown ‘B’)
A person’s characteristics and personality can contribute to remuneration. Their willingness, determination, good communication and patience to meet the deadlines and a positive mindset that helps deliver good quality work that is worthy of reward. If each member within the collaborative team has these qualities and the same goal then this also helps contribute. Some examples of non monetary remuneration could be:
-The reward of completing the job
- Better your skills and confidence
- Doing a job to gain experience
- Doing a project that will develop your knowledge further
- Producing work for a portfolio or for an award so that you can be recognised
When I broke down the Fabrication project and studio tasks in terms of hours I tried to work out the total pay.
Blog Entries: 2 Hrs per week for 10weeks at $25 = $500
Fabrication: 3hrs per week for 10 weeks at $25 = 750
Presentation: 4hrs per week for 10weeks at $25 = $1000
I came up with a total payment forecast of $2250 but I feel that, that is too low and perhaps I miscounted the number of hours spent on a task.
I chose the lowest rate of $25 per hour to work out my forecast because I am still a student. Though, I have heard that the rate of pay for a visualiser could be $30 at the minimum to $50 per hour.
In an office environment this sort of project would be done in a much shorter time frame at this price.
If I had the choice and worked for myself I would charge around $50 per hour as I have had some experience; doing a job for visualisation at a much smaller scale, a terrace home in Surry Hills. Joe and I were paid a very low rate of $20 an hour. It was not enough for the amount of over time we put into it, the rest we declared as ‘student investment time’ or experience. I would never do this again.
I think so far the fabrication project could be worth around $3500.
References:
Websites:
Career One Website (2008) 3D Architectural Visualisation Job. Retrieved on 18th of April 2008 at: URL: http://mycareer.com.au/jobs/brisbane/construction-architecture/drafting/6168888++d+architectural+visualisation+d+max+high+end+work+brisbane.aspx?style=enhanced
Archiform (date unknown ‘A’) TV Commercials and Video Production Australia. Retrieved on 18th of April 2008 at: URL: http://video-production.archiform3d.com/prices-video-australia.php
Archiform (date Unknown ‘B’) TV Commercials and Video Production Australia. Retrieved on 18th of April 2008 at: URL: http://video-production.archiform3d.com/prices-video-australia.php
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cash Making Opportunities - The Beginning The working life is already tough enough, but the worries of being out of work was even tougher. The unsecured working environment have prompted me to search the internet for an alternative source of extra income so that I could learn how to Make Money Work for me and be Financially Independent. I listed down a number of Free Internet Business Opportunity Ideas while researching ways how people earn money online while working-from-home.......
www.onlineuniversalwork.com
Post a Comment